About 2ish years ago, my Swedish roommate turned 25, and it was the year both of us were turning 25. We kind of felt that milestone of “Oh man, and now it’s onto 30.”
We both went to get a haircut together, and while we waited, we saw an older man in his 70s or so getting his haircut. And my friend pointed it out to me and said “One day, that’s going to be us.” And we both sat in contemplation that we were getting older and there was never any going back.
We went on to have one of the most active, interesting, and wild years we’ve both ever had.
So although I’m at another milestone on the way to 30, it’s really not a big deal. Your life doesn’t have to be determined by your age, just by you and your circumstances.
- meiran said: Sorry that I missed it, I was out of town. But happy week after your birthday!
- ricanontherun said: Well said!
- ricanontherun likes this
- olenna-redwyne said: Happy birthday!
- moviesorientated said: happy birthday!@
- moviesorientated likes this
- creativelybored said: Happy birthday! :D
- uncdan posted this